Wednesday 17 August 2011

What is the point of having children?



This is a question I asked my mother, my mother-in-law and any other female I met shortly after I was married. No one could give me an answer other than saying its instinctive!

Well instinctively I went onto have two children and I can say there is every good reason to have children.

When they were young they opened my eyes to a selfless life that was rich in awareness of the smallest flower or pebble. They helped me to walk more slowly, to breathe and to be mindful.

Now they are adults, they are still helping me. Their questions and actions make me consider my own belief systems and principles and they encourage me to be more authentic and transparent.

None of this has been easy but what a blessing they have been and still are.

No comments:

Post a Comment